TDT | Manama
The Daily Tribune – www.newsofbahrain.com
His Royal Highness Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince and Prime Minister, yesterday issued Edict (12) of 2023 on restructuring the Higher Committee for Persons with Disabilities (PWD), based on the proposal of the Minister of Social Development, and following the approval of the Cabinet.
According to the edict, the Higher Committee for Persons with Disabilities shall be chaired by the Minister of Social Development, and comprise the following members:
1. Assistant Undersecretary for Social Welfare and Rehabilitation, representing the Ministry of Social Development.
2. Director of the Social Rehabilitation Directorate, representing the Ministry of Social Development.
3. Director of the Compensation and Unemployment Support Directorate, representing the Ministry of Labour.
4. A consultant physician in Government Hospitals, representing Government Hospitals.
5. Director of the Educational Operations Directorate -District 1, representing the Ministry of Education.
6. Director of the Wages and Benefits Directorate, representing the Civil Service Bureau.
7. Chairman of the Bahrain Association for Parents and Friends of the Disabled, representing the Bahrain Association for Parents and Friends of the Disabled.
8. The President of the Bahrain Paralympic Committee, representing the Bahrain Paralympic Committee.
9. Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Bahrain Mobility International Centre, representing the Bahrain Mobility International Centre.
The entity mentioned in item (4) shall name their representative at the committee, provided that their rank is not less than a director. Members shall serve for a renewable two-year term. Members of the committee shall elect a Deputy Chairman during their first meeting.
Read the full article here